Open and edit .txt files

Shaun Clapham Commented

WTF, it cannot open a .txt file???????????????? Am I missing something? ANYONE HELP!

Beppe Commented

I would also like the possibility to be asked for other extensions, for example .conf or .cfg,to be handled as normal .txt files. At least only on the fly.

Paulp Commented

Please get the text editor sorted. There is a big market now that quickoffice have removed support for dropbox

Oliver Commented

Why does this application not support the most basic of file types? Please add this in the next update!

Mike LeBoida Commented

Rich text and text files are the most basic formats that any word processor should be able to open. Word and Pdf are nice, but i'd take .txt or .rtf over Microsoft any day.

Greg Commented

Shouldn't this have been one of the first file types supported? Why can't they just be opened within the Word functionality? Why we even have to waste votes on this "feature" is beyond me.

David Commented

I have to agree with others who have commented on this. The lack of support for .txt is both highly disappointing and completely baffling. Until this feature is added, CloudOn is unusable for me. Which is a shame.

Alexander Gieg Commented

Now, how can a complex app be able to work with Word files, Google App files, spreadsheets, presentations and PDFs etc., but not the simplest file type in existence?

Alexander Gieg Commented

Now, how can a complex app be able to work with Word files, Google App files, spreadsheets, presentations and PDFs etc., but not the simplest file type in existence?

Terry Commented

Totally agree! Currently looking for an alternative to cloud on for this reason...

Mike Commented

Editing .txt files would be a much appreciated feature

jim Commented

This is seriously minimal functionality. The fact that I can't do this on Cloudon makes me not use Cloudon. I save text files to Dropbox, which I now have to open in other apps. I don't want 7 apps for 7 different kinds of files, I want one app for all of them. I know there's a lot of work that goes into this, so my apologies if I come off sounding testy. I'm just very frustrated to be stymied in my usage by this one very simple lack of functionality.

Alan Klide Commented

i just got an email bounce saying my message couldn't be delivered??!!

Alan Klide Commented

sorry for the double comment; the web site kept saying "this idea doesn't have any content"

Alan Klide Commented

i think it is very important and appropriate to add the ability to read and edit .txt files; i strongly vote for this

Alan Klide Commented

i think it is very important and appropriate to add the ability to read and edit .txt files; i heartily vote for this

John Commented

Please add support for txt files. Not sure how it wasn't supported from beginning.

Fabrizio Commented

Great app but PLEASE allow to open and edit TXT files!!!!!!

Are you planning on supporting txt files in the future? Commented

Are you planning on supporting txt files in the future?

Paulp Commented

this text file feature.,.. Openoffice has just broken up with dropbox,.and i need a replacement that can do .txt files !

Dee P Commented

Waste of damn space!!

Dee P Commented

Waste of damn space!!

wienio Commented

At least txt files viewing should be possible with CloudOn!!!

Txt editor is a just! Commented

Tris is incredibile! A simple txt not supporter. Tris fregature is fondamental for all of us. We need the ability to edit it online an onfly and not download it, edit ad re upload the file. Please ... Do something

sue Commented

Need to access Carbonite files.

Anonymous Commented

Looks like great app, but much needed text file support missing. When will it be implemented.

Anonymous Commented

Surprised this is not already available.

Anonymous Commented

the must,and easy.

Anonymous Commented

sure, why not?

Anonymous Commented

please do....

Anonymous Commented

Very basic -must have.

Anonymous Commented

Seems a fundamental requirement!

Mark Gehring Commented

Totally agree this is absurd that you cannot open and edit a .txt file. Office can do that of course too. Would love a simple text editor, do not want to use Word.

Anonymous Commented

PlainText does the job if CloudOn can't get their stuff together. Good app otherwise

Anonymous Commented

Needs it

Alex L. Commented

This is ridiculous. Every editor in the world can open and edit .txt files. This app claims to be able to open "virtually any file type" and fails to open the very simple of them - a text file. Please give this bug a priority.

Anonymous Commented

This is a must-have feature.

Iblden Commented

Need ability to open .txt, text files. GoodReader does it.. Simple clean txt editor... Maybe with markdown editing / viewing support.... :o)

Charles Stagg Commented

Feature Needed

Anonymous Commented

Needs to open txt files. Bye bye cloudon

Emlyn Commented

Ditto - seems ridiculous being unable to edit a basic txt file. This is of little use to me without that

Nicolaj Figaw Commented

.. Same applies to iPhone, if you made an app which can edit/create files to and from dropbox.. I'm not looking for the entire office functionality.. which tbh will look horrible on the tiny (compared to iPad) screen... but editing/creating/saving plaintext files to dropbox.. would be awesome

Victor Ziegel Commented

Seriously, how can they not support txt, I better go dig up my Palm Pilot and paste it on the back of my iPad

Anonymous Commented

No TXT files support, Just found out. This is silly. Bye bye the, CloudOn.

Anonymous Commented

Bump. Open the plain text file is absolut basic. Please add .txt Format.

Anonymous Commented

Same here. Poor show if the most basic file format not supported.

Jny Commented

it is kind of funny, that we vcan oen .doc and cannot. oen plain .txt ;)

Malcolm Commented

Thought it was a bug that the how to use public folder.txt file was unopenable, but by design apparently,

Steve Cavener Commented

The "How to ..." .txt files will not open on my iPad 2, and CloudOn won't let me rename the file with a different extension. Do I need to buy a PC?